Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Go Fly a Kite...Among Other Things

It's been awhile since my last update. For that, I apologize. I'll make up for it with lots of cuteness :)

Since it's been so incredibly gorgeous out, we've been going for a lot of walks. Last week, when the kids and I were running errands, Joe called to ask if I could pick up a kite. This Saturday, we had a super windy day (what a surprise), so we packed up the kids for a walk, took the kite along, and headed out. Grace had a BLAST helping Daddy fly the princess kite.
We had to make a pit stop at the playground, of course. Grace thoroughly enjoyed being able to run and jump and swing again!

On Sunday, we took a picnic to the "big" park (at Lindenwood, by the still-overflowing river) and let Grace run wild. And run wild she did- for about an hour. We ate our sandwiches, Goldfish and pudding by a tree that she specially picked.I think we wore her out.
Notice the melting granola bar in her hand?
Dirty feet from all that running...
Since Grace is such a little artist, we had all kinds of broken crayons. I found a cool site with directions to make new mutli-colored crayons. Here's the aforementioned artist filling the muffin tins.
She kept peeking into the oven to see her crayons "baking." I took out the camera (of course) and she heard me turn it on. She turned to look at me and said, in all seriousness, "No pictures, Mom!" Well, excuse me, Miss Paparazzi :)
And, just because he's a darn cute kid, here's is Mr. Aiden.

No comments:

Post a Comment